/

Early morning House Fire claims family pet, damages Central Emeryville Home

1 min read

A cat died and a Central Emeryville home was damaged early Thursday AM in a house fire reportedly sparked by a bathroom candle according to an Alameda County Fire spokeswoman. Nobody living in the home or fire department personnel were injured.

beaudry-alameda-fire-emeryville-1

Fire crews responded around 5 AM to the blaze at this two-story house at 5504 Beaudry Street. Former Councilmember Jennifer West, who lives around he corner at the Doyle Street Co-Housing Community, says she was awoken to the sound of water pumps but did not hear any sirens. West also mentioned that the residents that lived there were elderly and apparently had lived in Emeryville for several generations.

beaudry-alameda-fire-emeryville-3

Investigators said an unattended candle in the bathroom ignited the room, and that there was extensive smoke and water damage to the home. The outside of the home appeared fairly weathered and it was unclear if the damage would require a complete demolition of the older property.

A fundraising campaign for the occupants has been established on GoFundMe →

Rob Arias

is a third generation Californian and East Bay native who lived in Emeryville from 2003 to 2021. Rob founded The E'ville Eye in 2011 after being robbed at gunpoint and lamenting the lack of local news coverage. Rob's "day job" is as a creative professional.

Leave a Reply

Previous Story

City Council Transitions: Donahue & Martinez sworn in. Atkin Assumes fourth term as Mayor

Next Story

Ike’s Lair signs lease to open Parc on Powell Location

Is Local News “Essential” to you?

We believe reliable and timely information is essential to the Emeryville community. If you agree and can spare a few bucks to help us continue to provide free content, we’d appreciate it.

Support Hyperlocal News →

You have Successfully Subscribed!

%d bloggers like this: