- Events should pertain to Emeryville or adjacent neighborhoods
- Events should be open to the public
- No reoccurring events like Happy-Hours, open houses, retail sales, etc.
- Please do not create events that are longer than three days (You may list the “Opening” and “Closing” Dates as separate events)
- We will not publish event submissions that do not include an image
Once your event is submitted, it will be published within 24 hours if it conforms to our guidelines. We do accept advertising for promoting your business, events and sales. We reserve the right to use our discretion of which events we publish and add to this list.
- This event has passed.
Yours In Sisterhood free film screening at Golden Gate Branch Library
March 9 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pmFree
Celebrate Women’s History!
Between 2015 and 2017, hundreds of strangers in communities all over the US were invited to read aloud and respond to letters from the 70s sent to the editor of Ms. Magazine–the first mainstream feminist magazine in the US. The intimate, provocative, and sometimes heartbreaking conversations that emerge from these spontaneous performances make us think critically about the past, present, and future of feminism. YOURS IN SISTERHOOD (dir. Irene Lusztig, 2018) is a collective portrait of feminism now and forty years ago that is newly urgent–a project about time travel, embodied listening, empathy, public discourse, and the lost art of letter writing.