- Events should pertain to Emeryville or adjacent neighborhoods
- Events should be open to the public
- No reoccurring events like Happy-Hours, open houses, retail sales, etc.
- Please do not create events that are longer than three days (You may list the “Opening” and “Closing” Dates as separate events)
- We will not publish event submissions that do not include an image
Once your event is submitted, it will be published within 24 hours if it conforms to our guidelines. We do accept advertising for promoting your business, events and sales. We reserve the right to use our discretion of which events we publish and add to this list.
- This event has passed.
The Fall of the I-Hotel
October 22, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
Join us for a free screening of Curtis Choy’s 1983 documentary, “The Fall of the I-Hotel.”
After Filipino-Americans labored to build America, their San Francisco Manilatown community was wiped out by urban renewal. Fifty seniors were forcibly evicted from the International Hotel when it was slated for demolition in 1981.
Narrated by late poet Al Robles, “The Fall of the I-Hotel” tells the story of dozens of seniors displaced by 300 cops in the dead of night, and the overall impacts of urban renewal.