- Events should pertain to Emeryville or adjacent neighborhoods
- Events should be open to the public
- No reoccurring events like Happy-Hours, open houses, retail sales, etc.
- Please do not create events that are longer than three days (You may list the “Opening” and “Closing” Dates as separate events)
- We will not publish event submissions that do not include an image
Once your event is submitted, it will be published within 24 hours if it conforms to our guidelines. We do accept advertising for promoting your business, events and sales. We reserve the right to use our discretion of which events we publish and add to this list.
- This event has passed.
Plastics: Global Problems, Recycling & Alternatives 7:30-9PM,10/14
October 14, 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Join the League of Women Voters of Berkeley, Albany, Emeryville for its Environmental Concerns Speaker Series featuring Martin Bourque, director of the Berkeley Ecology Center, who will discuss the status of plastics. Americans are generating more plastic trash than ever, and very little of it gets recycled. Plastics and their byproducts are littering our cities, oceans, and waterways, contributing to health problems in humans and animals.
We will view short videos created by The Story of Stuff Project and its movement partners to counter the plastic industry’s myths and to introduce bold, local solutions to the plastic pollution crisis. Come out for this FREE talk from 7:30 to 9 PM on 10/14 at Belmont Village, 1100 San Pablo Ave. in Albany. Read more: https://tinyurl.com/y2xc5xzx