- Events should pertain to Emeryville or adjacent neighborhoods
- Events should be open to the public
- No reoccurring events like Happy-Hours, open houses, retail sales, etc.
- Please do not create events that are longer than three days (You may list the “Opening” and “Closing” Dates as separate events)
- We will not publish event submissions that do not include an image
Once your event is submitted, it will be published within 24 hours if it conforms to our guidelines. We do accept advertising for promoting your business, events and sales. We reserve the right to use our discretion of which events we publish and add to this list.
- This event has passed.
Emeryville: The Big History of a Small City
June 17 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Join East Bay Yesterday host Liam O’Donoghue and Rob Arias of The E’ville Eye Community News & The Emeryville Historical Society for an eclectic overview of Emeryville, the town notoriously dubbed “the rottenest city on the Pacific Coast” by future Supreme Court chief justice Earl Warren. This free event will take place in the Food Hall at Public Market Emeryville.
In addition to discussing the origins of Emeryville’s “immoral” reputation, this talk will cover everything from Ohlone shellmounds to baseball legends. If you want to learn more about the history of local industries, “million dollar mudflats” and more, don’t miss this presentation, which will include vintage photographs, maps and a Q&A session.
Public Market Emeryville is home to 17 delicious eateries, so come early to enjoy dinner before the presentation, plus craft cocktails, beer, wine and sake!