- Events should pertain to Emeryville or adjacent neighborhoods
- Events should be open to the public
- No reoccurring events like Happy-Hours, open houses, retail sales, etc.
- Please do not create events that are longer than three days (You may list the “Opening” and “Closing” Dates as separate events)
- We will not publish event submissions that do not include an image
Once your event is submitted, it will be published within 24 hours if it conforms to our guidelines. We do accept advertising for promoting your business, events and sales. We reserve the right to use our discretion of which events we publish and add to this list.
- This event has passed.
Emeryville City Council Candidate Forum Hosted by League of Women Voters – Berkeley/Albany/Emeryville
October 26 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Join the League of Women Voters Berkeley Albany Emeryville for a Candidate Forum for Emeryville City Council candidates. There are two candidates running for 1 open seat on the Emeryville City Council. The forum will be held at 6:30 pm on Tuesday, October 26, 2021. You will receive the Zoom link from Eventbrite before the forum.
All candidates, candidate supporters, and audience members must follow the League of Women Voters’ ground rules (see below). There will be opening and closing statements, prepared questions, and questions from the audience. Audience questions can be submitted through Eventbrite, or throughout the forum and will be reviewed for repetition and relevancy before being given to the moderator.
Candidate for Emeryville City Council
- Charlotte Danielsson-Chang
- Courtney Welch
Statement of Non-Partisanship:
The League of Women Voters is a non-partisan political organization that encourages informed and active participation in government and influences public policy through education and advocacy. The League never supports or opposes candidates for elective office or political parties, but sometimes takes positions on ballot measures.
Candidates’ Forum Ground Rules for Virtual Forum*:
- All of the candidates who have officially filed with the Registrar of Voters will be invited.
- A format will be chosen which will give each of the candidates a chance to speak with time limits and which will be fair to all of the candidates.
- There will be a timekeeper to monitor time limits. Upon time limit expiration, candidates will relinquish the floor.
- Candidates are expected to maintain polite and civil discourse. Any incivility will be stopped by the moderator and may result in exclusion from future forums.
- Candidates who choose not, or are not able, to participate in the forum may not send a substitute, but may submit a brief statement, which will be read by the moderator.
- Written questions from anyone present will be screened by a team from the League to ensure a range of topics and issues. Each candidate will have the chance to answer questions; there will be no rebuttals.
- The League members who serve as moderator, interviewer, question sorter, etc., will not be announced supporters of or contributors to any candidate or to issues that any of the candidates is strongly identified with.
- Candidates are asked not to wear any campaign badges, tee shirts, etc. during the forum, nor have virtual background with campaign materials. The intent of these provisions is to preserve the decorum and neutrality of the forum so that attendees and online/TV viewers can focus on the issues.
- The League of Women Voters assures candidates that it is committed to having every race available our website.
* Candidates not adhering to the forum ground rules will be considered out of order. Penalties may include immediate loss of microphone privileges and exclusion from future League sponsored forums.